Imagine this … I wake up, take a cup of coffee and head for one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Sitting under the palm trees and relaxing with freshly prepared seafood that is served on the beach. Yes, perfect, but do you want to know something more about the Maldives?
1. The Republic of Maldives is an island nation in the Indian Ocean, southwest of the Indian Peninsula. It consists of about 1,200 islands grouped into 26 atolls (coral islands). Of these islands, about 200 are unoccupied, the remaining 80 are used for tourism.
2. Maldives offers a variety of interesting items, so you should visit the capital Malé. It is recommended to visit the National Museum, the oldest building in Malé and the former royal palace that has been converted into a museum, that exposed clothing, tools, weapons and thrones which have belonged to the kings. Also, you can see wonderful examples of traditional art of lacquered wood shelves (which are used to put the gifts that were intended for kings) and relics from pre islamic era.
3. It is interesting that when you arrive in the Maldives and you want to be a nudist, forget that wish. The Maldives does not accept nudism, not even topless. It is not advisable to go somewhere with swimsuit unless you’re on the beach. You are not allowed to do it in any hotel or hotel bar on the beach.
4. Did you know that the Maldives were founded by the son of the Indian King Kalinga, or that literacy of citizens is 98%?
5. Also, if you are a businessman, you would probably be interested in the opportunity to hold a meeting in turquoise clear sea. Yes, it is possible!
6. It is an interesting fact that the island mastered only one religion – Islam.
7. Unrelated to the previous fact – alcohol is available only in hotel complexes.
8. What is sad about it is that in about 100 years the Maldives will not exist. It will be caused by the sea due from the global warming. In the future the land will flood and its highest level now is 6 meters. So hurry, it is really beautiful there.